- Best tweet:
One on one, all UND fans are great. It’s when they’re all together that they become insufferable. https://t.co/73jx9TptNS
— LetsGoDU (@LetsGoDU) April 11, 2016
- Worst Idea: Only allowing 25 minutes for 20,000 people to re-enter Amalie Arena for the second semifinal game on Thursday – a very bad idea.
- Something that should happen again: The Frozen Four in Tampa. Great venue and fantastic hosts.
- Biggest Off-Ice Mistake: DU failing to bring the pep band to the semi-final game. (Suggestion: If necessary, charge for the pre-game reception and let that revenue help pay to get the band to the event. Let’s fix this for Philadelphia Lax
whenif DU makes the Final Four.)
- Great Idea: The North Dakota and Quinnipiac cheerleaders added energy and excitement to the games. DU should look at sending the cheerleading/dance squads throughout Magness instead of just above the student section to build spirit and energy.
- Worst Decision: Some argue that DU’s timeout following a faceoff in the DU end should not have been taken. That being said, could you imagine the second guessing if DU sat on a timeout and ND still scored the winning goal?
- Championship Final: Take away about 7 minutes in the second period and DU played about as well as they can play. The best team won Thursday night – but the best two tournament participants met for the championship Thursday night.
- Amateur Hour: There must not be any beer in North Dakota.
- Tie – Biggest Turnaround: The team’s record the second half of the season and Monty earning Pioneer fans’ hearts. Coach Montgomery made all the right moves this year – on and off the ice. We like the way he coaches and his teams love him. It’s official – we are in the Coach Jim Montgomery era!
- Dress for Success: Let’s give the hockey team a first-class locker room makeover. Monty has made a locker room upgrade a priority this off-season. If Denver is to remain one of the nation’s premier hockey programs, we need to give the players competitive facilities. Even if you can only afford $10, $25, $50, or $100 or more – let’s send a message to the administration and team. Make it rain – fill up Ryan Peck’s mailbox: $$$$, 2201 East Asbury, Denver, Colorado 80208.