The University of Denver homecoming weekend will be held Friday, October 20th and Saturday, October 21st.
Homecoming events are being held on the north end of campus between the Ritchie Center & Buchtel Boulevard to leverage an increased focus on DU athletics, especially the defending national champion hockey team. Locals can also use light rail to gain easy access to the weekend’s events.
- Welcome food and refreshments Friday 5-7 p.m. for $15.00. There will also be a German themed beer garden. The event is appropriately themed Hoctoberfest. Admission will feature DU Hoctoberfest steins, German style food, and a homecoming t-shirt.
- Hockey game at 7:05 p.m. against the Lake Superior State Lakers. Hockey tickets must be purchased separately. DU will also raise their 8th National Championship banner prior to the game.
- A family themed event called Pio-Palooza will be held Saturday afternoon from 4-7 p.m. at the Championship Village on the north side of the Ritchie Center. Tickets are $5 and include games, food trucks, and t-shirts.
- Hockey game Saturday night at 7:05 p.m. vs. Lake Superior State Lakers. Hockey tickets must be purchased separately.
Other featured athletic events:
- Denver swimming vs. Air Force @ 5 p.m. MT, El Pomar Natatorium
- Denver Women’s Lax vs. Colorado @ 3:30 p.m. MT, Peter Barton Stadium
- Denver Women’s soccer vs. Western Illinois @ noon MT, CIBER Field
The Homecoming event is a continuation of the growing planning and coordination between DU’s Alumni Organization and Denver Athletics and Recreation, which is a great thing to see.
As always, this is one of the very best weekends to visit the DU campus during the beautiful Fall season. It is extra-special this year with the defending national championship Denver Pioneer hockey team taking to the ice.
Go to DU Alumni to order your homecoming package.