- DU’s men’s soccer team is a surprising 0-3-1 after the first four games of a brutal six-game road stretch. LetsGoDU will be covering Denver soccer live in Palo Alto and Berkeley, California as Denver finishes up their long road trip against Stanford and Cal this weekend before returning home. Goal scoring has been this team’s Achilles heal. They could use the graduated Andre Shinyashiki, just named MLS Player of the Week. DU is the Summit league coaches pre-season favorite to win the conference with second place Omaha (0-3-1) currently holding the same record as the Pioneers.
- Women’s volleyball is off to a great start at 5-1 with their only loss to #20 Hawaii at the Rainbow Wahine Classic. DU’s outside hitter Lydia Bartolo and middle blocker Tina Boe are anchoring this year’s squad. Newcomers Amanda Green (Louisville transfer) and freshman outside hitter Ari Winters have made major contributions to the fast start.
- Women’s soccer is 3-2-1 and playing well against a challenging non-conference schedule. They are coming off two one-point loses to #13 Washington State (0-1) and Portland (1-2) on the road. Hannah Adler and Samantha Feller have 2 goals each and senior Brittany Wilson has been rock-solid in goal.
- ESPN’s John Buccigross has selected Denver hockey as the #2 pick in the country, trailing fellow NCHC member University of Minnesota Duluth.
NEW 2019 Preseason BucciMane #CawlidgeHawkey Top 16👇🏼🏒🥅
1 UMD (Minnesota-Duluth)
3 Minnesota St
4 Penn State
11 Western Michigan
12 Bowling Green
14 Ohio State
15 North Dakota
16 AIC pic.twitter.com/2n9xIxgCtw
— Bucci Mane (@Buccigross) September 9, 2019
- DU men’s hoops has added another junior college player to their roster – their third. Junior guard Ray Kowalski (6’3″, 190). He was on a 2-time high school state championship squad in North Carolina but was injured (knee). He averaged 4.9 points in 16.8 minutes per game his first full season at Southeast Missouri State. Last season he played at Grayson Junior College and scored 14.6 points, 2.9 rebounds and 2.1 per game.
- DU men’s hoops has released their schedule and face in-state foes Air Force at home and Colorado State and Northern Colorado on the road. Wyoming is coming to Magness Arena as well. December 8th, the Pioneers will travel to legendary Pauley Pavillion to face UCLA on the road. A challenging schedule, to say the lease. Look for a LetsGoDU’s season preview article in a month.