- Sure Duke is a fine school. They’re the first to tell you so. No doubt they have the best school in the Southeast. But that’s like being the best ski racer from Hawaii.
- Forget southern hospitality. If you are in Raleigh-Durham for the match, avoid T-shirts like this at the Duke bookstore
- At Sunday’s match, you are guaranteed to spot a handful of Dukies dipped in blue face and body paint. It seems so….dated.
- Duke fans want to win way too much:
- Of the eight colleges and universities in the Raleigh-Durham area, Duke is BY FAR the most disliked school in their own town.
- ‘Cameron Crazies’ are sure to migrate to Koskinen Stadium Sunday when a handful of ‘crazies’ on mom & dad’s payroll will be trying to one-up each other with clever, unfunny comments at opposing players.
- Denver men’s lacrosse has lost 5 straight matches to Duke. F-I-V-E. Time for men’s soccer to help stop the bleeding.
- In 2021, Duke sophomore striker Thorleifur Ulfarsson taunted Bruins goalkeeper Nate Crockford. UCLA’s Pietro Grassi shoved Ulfarsson for show-boating and was shown a red card for his response to taunting. Meanwhile, Ulfarsson, after the perfect ‘dive’ was not booked for his display.
- Earlier this season, the Blue Devils beat San Diego 1-0 by the same score Denver did. Nobody wants to be shushed…especially by Duke.
Top photo: dreamstime.com
3 thoughts on “Top Reasons to Root Against Duke on Sunday”
Duke produced Coach K and Laettner. Enough reason for Dunker to hate Duke
Would love that Duke soccer player to play hockey just once and try that shit.
Gonna be a struggle to beat them in Durham, as Duke has only allowed seven goals all year. Pios have a great defense, too, so lets see what happens….