Photo:Courtesy of UND Sports
- UND’s Trevor Olson scored at 1:02 of the first period
- UND’s Shane Gersich buried a rebound at 5:18 to make it 2-0
- The Fighting Hawks dominated the first period
- 4 shots from the Pioneers for the Period
- 7:04 of the second period, Dylan Gambrell hammered home a one-timer blast from distance past goalie Cam Johnson to make it 2-1
- Denver found their legs in the second period as the Pioneers began to control puck possession
- A Tariq Hammond shot in traffic caromed off Rudy Junda to tie the game at 2:11, 2-2
- At 3:14, a filthy hit to the head by ND’s Cole Smith on Adam Plant knocked Plant out. Smith received a five-minute major and game misconduct for a hit to the head – the second time Smith has knocked out a defenseless Plant.
- Goalie interference by DU’s Jarid Lukosevicius took away a Dylan Gambrell goal 4:29 which would have given DU the lead. Replays looked like a good call.
- Troy Terry responds by nailing a spinning wrist shot at 5:56 to give DU a 3-2 lead.
- The Pioneers tried to hold their lead but got too conservative. ND pulled their goalie, Cam Johnson, and tied the game with a Hayden Shaw blast through traffic at 18:28.
- In the first OT, 5-on-5, DU had the man advantage for 2-minutes and some scoring opportunities but could not convert.
- In the second OT, with only 49 seconds left on three-on-three overtime, Troy Terry sailed a wrister into the net from the left side circle for an extra point in the conference standings (2 points total).
While DU had opportunities to win the contest, the Pioneers paid the price for a slow start.