MLS champion Nat Borchers will be one of DU’s many stars recognized Alumni Weekend
In early January, we announced DU’s Athletic Hall of Fame Class induction ceremony set for Alumni Weekend on Saturday, May 16th. Joining Pioneer legend George Gwozdecky in DU’s Athletics Hall of Fame are outstanding honorees Bill Dorn (Lifetime Achievement), Paul Sanford ’83 (Men’s Swimming and Diving), Dick Peth (Men’s Basketball Coach in the 1980s and 90s), Lizbeth Johnsen ’96 (Skiing), Kristie Leggio ’08 (Women’s Lacrosse), Stephanie Sherlock ’10 (Women’s Golf), Geoff Snider ’06 (Men’s Lacrosse), Jamie Norwood ’04 (Women’s Soccer), Nat Borchers ’04 (Men’s Soccer), the 2008-09 Women’s Golf Team and the 1955-57 Ski Teams.
You can register here for the many scheduled events (below), many free to attendees.
Wednesday, May 13
- 4 – 5 p.m. – Fun Run with Chancellor Haefner DU Campus, Ritchie Center North Stairs (Free)
- DU Vin Wine Pairing Dinner-Cocktail Hour: 5:45 – 6:45 p.m. | Dinner 7 – 9 p.m. Joy Burns Center, Tuscan Ballroom
- CAHSS Livingston Lecture & Alumni Reception, 6 – 8 p.m. Davis Auditorium, Sturm Hall – “The Christian Right: Building a Distinctly American Political Movement” (Free)
Friday, May 15
- Native American Welcome Invocation – Inauguration Event – 7:30 – 8 a.m., Harper Humanities Garden (Free)
- Chancellor’s Inauguration, Installation Ceremony-Inauguration Event 10-11:30 a.m. Newman Center for the Performing, Gates Concert Hall (Free)
- Campus Reception Following Chancellor’s Installment – Inauguration Event – Noon – 1:30 p.m., DU Campus, Mary Reed Circle (Free)
- Gold Celebration with Alumni Honorees, 6 p.m. – Newman Center for the Performing Arts | Gates Concert Hall
Saturday, May 16
- 3rd Annual Alumni Weekend Golf Tournament, 7:30 – 9:30 a.m., University of Denver Golf Course at Highlands Ranch
- Food Truck Stop Rally with Pioneer Pit Stop, 1 – 8 p.m., DU Campus (Free)
- DU Vin Grand Tasting, 1 – 4 p.m., Joy Burns Center
- Spirituals Project Gala Concert – Inauguration Event, 7:30 – 9:30 p.m., Newman Center for the Performing Arts | Gates Concert Hall (Free)
- Athletics Hall of Fame Induction, 5 p.m. Reception | 6 p.m. Dinner & Ceremony, Maglione Hall
It looks like a jam-packed weekend for DU alumni, students, and friends.
Top photo courtesy of the Portland Timbers