10. Play the UMass-Amherst Drinking Game. Invite friends over and purchase a case of beer and shot glasses. Whenever the announcers say, “UMass” the first person to yell ‘Amherst’ does not have to drink while the rest of the room takes a shot. Everybody drinks if the announcers say, ‘flagship’.
9. Take 10 minutes to get back in shape and take your mind off hockey.
8. Start your spring cleaning chores by following Bob Villa’s 8 Tips to clean your nasty tile grout. (And please do not use your personal toothbrush).
7. Are you truly missing our boys on ice? Well, you can get halfway there by visiting the Denver Ice Core Facility. They store, curate, and study meteoric ice cores recovered from the glaciated regions of the world.
6. Drive to Colorado Springs and put a For Sale sign in former CC head coach Mike Haviland’s yard with a thank you note taped to the back.
5. Pack up the family, jump in the station wagon and drive up to Loveland. While no fans are allowed at the NCAA Regional Hockey Tournament, you can visit an 8-foot beaver named Pah Weech made of 3,000 beer cans.
4. For fun, drive to the new In-N-Out Burger at Park Meadows Mall. Wait a couple hours in the drive-thru line. When ordering, tell them, “I haven’t made up my mind (long pause) – what’s good?”
3. Tweet Omaha Hockey, The Red Army, INTLMAV, Susie Dunn, and MavPuck to remind Omaha fans that Jay Stickney is the Loveland Regional ‘home announcer’ and will also replace Dave Starman’s call at the Frozen Four.
2. Let former DU coach Frank Serratore, current head of Air Force hockey, fill your hockey void by talking hockey officiating. (This never gets old.)
1. Play the North Dakota Spring Cleaning challenge. Scour your drawers and closets for black and green clothing and send to: North Dakota Fighting Hawks, One Ralph Engelstad Arena Dr, Grand Forks, ND 58203. Make sure no return address on the package and postage due.